In this episode you will hear:
- How having no set rules for conflict can lead to messy, triggering situations (and how boundaries prevent fights from getting gnarly)
- What to do when someone crosses a boundary you’ve set in place
- How to honor the other person and yourself while you’re working out a disagreement
- Why setting boundaries and enforcing boundaries are two totally different things
- The role a neutral third party can play in conflict resolution (and when to use one)
Coaching Questions & Thoughts:
Is there a conflict boundary you often have trouble enforcing? Why?
When your conflicts go south, what happens? Do things get mean? Do you shut down? Get specific.
What is one or two conflict boundaries you’d like to set for future conflicts? What’s important to you when it comes to fighting fair?
Think about a recent conflict you had. How could the boundary you’ve chosen to set help resolve that situation?
Fun Quotes from the Show:
“Boundaries are nothing if they are not enforced.” – Shereen Thor
“We got pain points from the past, and when they get pushed, we can pop off.” – Shereen Thor
Stop keeping up with the Jones’ and learn all the science-based tips I learned from Yale on what actually makes us happy! Download the free happiness cheat sheet at: www.awakentherebel.com.