In this episode you will hear:
- Marsha’s story of turning her pain into a greater purpose
- The power of sharing a difficult story with others
- How parents can let go of the idea that they’ve “failed” their children
- Why boundaries are the highest form of self-respect
- What happens when you try to “own” someone else’s problems
- And how to take ownership of your life and choices so you can make yourself a priority again
Coaching Questions & Thoughts:
Is there a person in your life whose problems you are trying to own? What would happen if you gave up that ownership?
What would change for you if the worst story of your life actually became your purpose?
In what ways can you stop blaming your circumstances and start taking ownership of your life?
Fun Quotes from the Show:
“Boundaries are the highest form of self-respect.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
“When I stopped asking ‘why,’ I started to see the world differently.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
“It’s about me choosing me, not about something being wrong with somebody else.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
“If we’re really struggling with our boundaries and keeping them in place, chances are really good that your self-care is off.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
“We are our most powerful when we coach, speak write on what we are learning on a regular basis.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
“The people that you are meant to impact, you likely haven’t met yet. They’re waiting for you to show up and be seen.” – Marsha Vanwynsberghe
Stop keeping up with the Jones’ and learn all the science-based tips I learned from Yale on what actually makes us happy! Download the free happiness cheat sheet at www.awakentherebel.com.