In this episode you will hear:
- The story of how a summer hiatus from Twitter led to her giving up social media altogether
- Why being uncomfortable and brave are vital for surviving those first few years as an entrepreneur
- How experimenting with life has helped her forge her own path
- What it really takes to write a good book
- And her #1 tip for book writing that will make the whole project less overwhelming
Coaching Questions & Thoughts:
Do you like the person you’re becoming when you use social media?
If not, what’s a small, non-committal hiatus you could take that would give you the space to see who you are without it?
What’s a hobby or obsession that you keep saying no to? Could you give yourself permission to try it and see what happens?
Fun Quotes from the Show:
“Nothing is forever, and life is full of surprises.” — Alexandra Franzen
“It was uncomfortable at first because I had all those feelings, ‘I don’t want to bother people.’ ‘I don’t want to sound desperate. All the things — but it was actually beautiful how wrong I was.” — Alexandra Franzen
“Doing that gave me such a sense of courage because I felt like, ‘if I can fly a helicopter, I can finish this essay and submitted by the deadline.’” — Alexandra Franzen
“Sometimes we have certain hobbies or obsessions or passions that come in for a brief time to teach you a lesson or to shape who you are to help you become stronger and grow.” — Alexandra Franzen
Stop keeping up with the Jones’ and learn all the science-based tips I learned from Yale on what actually makes us happy! Download the free happiness cheat sheet at www.awakentherebel.com.